In the mining industry, and on large construction sites, there is one piece of heavy equipment that stands out as the primary production machine. That is of course, the off-the-road haul truck, in this program we will present and review the key tasks that operators will be asked to perform with the truck.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1-2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 23
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
Lesson 1: Hauling
- Identify the two primary types of drive systems used to power haul trucks
- Define a safe following distance between trucks
- How to prevent tire damage or failure
- Ways to manage truck speed on down grades
- Steps to follow if the haul truck gets stuck
Lesson 2: Loading
- Traffic patterns that trucks should follow when being loaded
- Proper truck positioning when being spotted by loading equipment
Lesson 3: Dumping
- Common dumping methods
- How close a truck should get to the dump crest when dumping a load
- Signals the truck operator needs to be familiar with when being spotted by a track dozer
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and understand haul truck operation best practices and techniques.
- Understand modern rigid frame haul truck components, features and functions.
- Understand and be able to use methods for truck positioning when loading or dumping.
Although we recommend that you take the following prerequisite courses, this course is suitable for anyone with an interest in equipment operation and safety.
- Recommended prerequisite courses:
- Heavy Equipment – Introduction and Safety
- Heavy Equipment – Pre-Use Inspection.
Your cart is empty