On a day to day basis, there are many pieces of equipment traveling throughout a work site. In order to keep traffic flow moving smoothly and job productivity high, someone needs to be responsible for maintaining the condition of the road. And that job belongs to the grader operator.
This course is designed to help you become a skilled, productive, and safe grader operator. As you work through this course, you'll learn about the machine, how it works, and how to inspect it. You'll also learn how to control and operate the grader, including the fundamentals of blading roads and spreading material.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1- 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 21
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Review the content of the entire course.
- Overview of the grader, efficiency and operator responsibility
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Grader
• Be able to identify the grader's main components
• Understand how the frame and tire assemblies’ function
• Be able to identify the essential operator controls, cab monitors, and displays
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
• Understand the importance of a pre-use inspection
• Recognize the importance of wearing personal protective equipment
• Be able to conduct a proper pre-use inspection of the machine
• Know how to recognize and report any mechanical problems with the grader
Lesson 4: Operation
• Start and warm up the machine
• Move the machine
• Position the blade
• Use the ripper
• Park, cool down, and shut down the grader
Lesson 5: Operating Tasks
• Work with windrows
• Maintain haul roads
• Understand the towing process
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the importance of the grader on the job site
• Become familiar with the grader components and controls
• Learn how to perform a pre-use inspection
• Learn the basic operating skills required of a grader operator
Although we recommend that you take the following prerequisite courses, this course is suitable for anyone with an interest in equipment operation and safety.
- Recommended prerequisite courses:
- Heavy Equipment – Introduction and Safety
- Heavy Equipment – Pre-Use Inspection.
Your cart is empty