What is the average life of haul truck tires in your mine? Probably not as good as you think it should be. VISTA Training's Tire Care training program can help you take a more proactive approach to improve the life of your haul truck tires. Even a modest improvement can mean millions of dollars in savings.
This course uses a variety of scenarios and problem-solving questions to help haul truck operators avoid obvious dangers - such as running over rocks, windrows and spilled materials on the haul road. It also alerts them to less visible hazards that tend to weaken truck tires and shorten their average life. The roles of road maintenance personnel, supervisors, managers, mine engineers and tire maintenance personnel are also explored.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 hour + final test
Number of test questions: 16
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
Lesson 1: Hauling
- Identify the two primary types of drive systems used to power haul trucks
- Define a safe following distance between trucks
- How to prevent tire damage or failure
- Ways to manage truck speed on down grades
- Steps to follow if the haul truck gets stuck
Lesson 2: Loading
- Traffic patterns that trucks should follow when being loaded
- Proper truck positioning when being spotted by loading equipment
Lesson 3: Dumping
- Common dumping methods
- How close a truck should get to the dump crest when dumping a load
- Signals the truck operator needs to be familiar with when being spotted by a track dozer
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and understand haul truck operation best practices and techniques.
- Understand modern rigid frame haul truck components, features and functions.
- Understand and be able to use methods for truck positioning when loading or dumping.
Although we recommend that you take the following prerequisite courses, this course is suitable for anyone with an interest in equipment operation and safety.
- Recommended prerequisite courses:
- Heavy Equipment – Introduction and Safety
- Heavy Equipment – Pre-Use Inspection.
Your cart is empty