The purpose of this program is to teach your trainees a practical process to perform a pre-use inspection. This program explains the importance of performing a pre-use inspection, key components common to most types of heavy equipment, and the checks required on each type of equipment.
Once that foundation is established, employees can structure inspections specific to machines in your fleet and your safety procedures.
Failure to do a pre-use inspection could cause equipment damage, as well as potentially putting your operators at risk of injury or death. Help to safeguard your operators and equipment with this training.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1- 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 14
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
Lesson 1: Pre-use Inspection
- Introduce the way to claim the machine
- How to perform a thorough and consistent inspection
- Engine system inspection
- Hydraulic and fluid mechanical component inspection
- Drive line components introduction and inspection
- Checking high stress areas of the machine's frame
- Inspecting tracks, tires and brakes
- Inspection of Fire protection systems
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of performing a pre-use inspection.
- Recognize potential hazards while performing inspections.
- Identify the key components common to most heavy equipment.
- List the types of checks required on each component.
Although we recommend that you take the following prerequisite courses, this course is suitable for anyone with an interest in equipment operation and safety.
- Recommended prerequisite courses:
- Heavy Equipment – Introduction and Safety.
Your cart is empty