The rubber tire dozer operator is a crucial member of any team. This utility vehicle assists many pieces of equipment throughout the site by helping them complete their tasks safely and efficiently. Because of their mobility and versatility, rubber tire dozers are often seen working in all areas of the mine site, and it's important for operators to have a solid understanding of their role in ensuring the mine's productivity.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1.5 hour + final test
Number of test questions: 28
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Introduces safety rules that apply to rubber dozer operators.
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Mounting the machine with three points of contact
- Good housekeeping practices
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Rubber Tire Dozer
- Identifies the major systems, components, and controls of the rubber tire dozer.
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
- Explains how to safely perform pre-use inspection checks on the rubber tire dozer.
Lesson 4: Operation
- Explains the start-up and shut-down process.
- Identifies system tests that must be performed prior to operating the dozer.
- Explains the basic operating skills, such as how to travel throughout the mine and how to control the blade.
Lesson 5: Operating Tasks
- Explains the day-to-day operating tasks required of the rubber tire dozer operator
- How to maintain haul roads.
- Proper way to build a berm.
- Safe ways to clean shovel pits.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of the rubber tire dozer.
- Become familiar with the compactor components and controls.
- Learn how to perform a pre-use inspection.
- Learn the basic operating skills required of a rubber tire dozer.
Your cart is empty