About the Course
This short course provides an in-depth understanding of stakeholder mapping and its application in the mining industry. Participants will learn how to effectively identify, analyze, and engage with stakeholders in the mining sector, considering their interests, influence, and potential impacts on mining projects. The course will cover stakeholder theory, practical tools for stakeholder analysis, and strategies for stakeholder engagement in the context of the mining industry. Real-world case studies and contributions from industry experts will be used to illustrate stakeholder mapping concepts and their relevance in the mining sector.
About the Audience
This course is tailored for individuals seeking a comprehensive understanding of stakeholder theory and management throughout the mining lifecycle. It is suitable for beginner to intermediate-level participants who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in effectively identifying, analyzing, and engaging with stakeholders in the mining sector.
This course is relevant to a wide range of professionals working in various roles within the mining industry and related sectors. Potential participants who may benefit from this course include:
Project Managers, Sustainability Managers, Community Relations Specialists, Environmental Scientists, Social Impact Assessors, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Professionals, Government Officials, NGO Representatives:, Indigenous Community Leaders, Project Planners, Risk and Compliance Managers, Communication Specialists, Legal and Regulatory Advisors, Sustainability Consultants.
We recommend "What is Mining” to give learners a baseline understanding of the Mining Industry.
Amiel Blajchman, MES, P. Ag
Dr. Rose Clarke
Duration: 3 Hours
Access: 90 Days
Version Date: June 30, 2023
Delivery Format: On-Demand
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the the impact and importance of stakeholder mapping in the mining industry
- Define and accurately use key terminology applicable to stakeholder theory
- Apply techniques to accurately identify and categorize stakeholders
- Differentiate Internal and External stakeholders
- Select and utilize the appropriate tool to efficiently categorize the stakeholder groups
- Discuss strategies for overcoming potential obstacles in the stakeholder mapping process
- Apply the information gleaned from the stakeholder map to drive the next steps like an engagement plan
- Discuss the changes that would impact and initiate review of the stakeholder map
- Recognize common language barriers and how best to avoid them
- Apply effective communication strategies to build trust in stakeholder relationships
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty