This course is about heap leaching: the design of heap leach pads; the mechanics of preparing the mined ore for placement on a pad; the construction processes involved in placing materials on pads for leaching; the operation of heap leach pads, including the application of fluids that liberate the metals in the ore; the physics and chemistry of the seepage of fluids through the ore; and the ultimate closure of the heap leach pad when mining ends.
By the end of the course you should know enough to plan, establish, operate, and close a heap leach pad. And if you choose not to do all this alone, you will have sufficient information and knowledge to retain and manage specialists, consultants and contractors, hence to undertake the activities attendant on successful heap leaching.
- Jack Caldwell P.E., MS.(Eng.), LLB
|April 3, 2013
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
The course comprises 10 viewing sessions, each of 30–60 minutes duration, plus supporting figures, tables and references, and interactive reviews that confirm your achievement of the learning objectives. The total duration of the course is approximately 8 hours.
- Plan, establish, operate, and close a heap leach pad
- Retain and manage specialists, consultants and contractors required to undertake the activities attendant on successful heap leaching
- A basic knowledge and understanding of mathematics, physics, and chemistry
- A basic understanding of the fundamentals of mining and the nature, purpose, and function of mine facilities
- Perspective and understanding of environmental, engineering and hydrometallurgical procedures and practice
- A desire to know more and a willingness to apply interest and curiosity
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty