This on-demand course explores the world of Artisanal and Small-Scale Gold Mining (ASGM) within tropical regions. Designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the practices, challenges, and opportunities within this rising industry, the course spans various critical aspects of ASGM and their vulnerability within the gold supply chain.
Topics include the unique soil characteristics of tropical regions, the effects of tropical climates on the weathering of gold deposits, the diverse styles and methodologies employed by ASGM in tropical areas, and harnessing information derived from ASGM for gold exploration purposes.
This course amalgamates theoretical knowledge with practical insights, offering a holistic perspective on artisanal and small-scale gold mining in tropical regions.
- Danae Voormeij MSc PGeo
|December 8, 2023
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
- Know the difference between Artisanal Gold Miners and Small-Scale Gold Miners.
- Know why ASGM activities have been rising globally since 2000.
- Recognize tropical laterite regolith and identify the basic layers.
- Predict whether the supergene gold dispersal halo of a gold deposit is hosted in laterite or saprolite, based on the climate conditions and regolith type.
- Know how to identify the diverse styles in ASGM and recognize which part of the laterite regolith the ASGM are targeting for gold.
- Identify ASGM workings in their project area using airphotos and satellite imagery. Create an interpretive ASGM map for your project area.
- Use the different styles of ASGM to delineate the mushroom-gold dispersal halo and target the primary gold source.
- Understand how mercury is used by ASGM in the recovery of gold from ore.
- Understand the Gold Supply Chain from the gold miner to the gold consumer.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty