This course is intended for a broad-based audience of managers, professionals, students and concerned stakeholders in mining who require an understanding of the concepts and issues of sustainable development.
Sustainable Development in Mining focuses on the underlying concepts and issues that apply specifically to the mining industry. Included are the sustainable development concepts of...
- economic growth that preserves the earth's biophysical integrity;
- optimization of the societal benefits of economic development;
- system quality... which systems should be preserved/improved;
- a more equitable distribution of the benefits and burdens of economic growth ... both within the present generation and between present and future generations;
- greater public participation in the decision-making process.
These concepts are illustrated by numerous case studies and examples from mining projects, and further supported by a discussion of mineral consumption, recycling and resource depletion.
- Marcello Veiga
- Stephen Roberts
|Version Date:||October 10, 2005|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
The main topics covered by the course include...
- a brief history of sustainable development;
- ethics, the environment and their relationship with sustainable development;
- implications of sustainable development for the mining industry;
- case studies in the mining industry;
- mineral consumption, recycling and mineral depletion.
The course is presented as 16 learning sessions, each of 30 to 60 minutes duration. It includes four interactive review sessions for verification of course learning objectives. Total course duration is equivalent to approximately 14 hours of learning content.
- Discuss the concepts and issues of sustainable development as they apply to the mining industry.
- Apply the knowledge gained to better recognize how their activities in mining can contribute to sustainable development.
- A basic understanding of the mining process and its contributions and impacts on society.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty