This course covers the fundamentals of mobile mining equipment maintenance. It covers issues that are fundamental to the design or improvement of maintenance operations; the underlying ideas have been developed and tested at sites globally since 1982. The scope is confined to large surface mining vehicles: haul trucks, shovels, rotary drills, and support equipment.
The course is organized into four sections.
- People—discusses the skills, organization and productivity factors necessary to deliver effective maintenance;
- Process—defines the strategic, planning and scheduling, execution, and measurement attributes inherent to maintenance of large mobile equipment;
- Technology—explains the technical environment present at most mines and discusses the key systems that affect mobile maintenance; and
- Facilities—outlines the operating objectives and functional requirements for successful maintenance infrastructure.
The course is intended for mining professionals who are engaged in the maintenance process, either in line functions or in consulting roles, whether they are designing programs or delivering them. It is also a course that will help professionals in other functions at a mining operation or consulting company to understand the maintenance setting. The companion course Maintenance 101: Product Support Contracts describes the details of each type of contract, risks and mitigation strategies, and why certain contract types may be appropriate under specific circumstances where suppliers play a critical role in supporting mobile equipment maintenance.
- Michael Currie
|Version Date:||August 17, 2018|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
The course comprises 9 viewing sessions of 30–45 minutes each with supporting figures, tables, and multiple choice course reviews. Course duration is equivalent to approximately 7 hours of viewing content.
- Recognize the mobile equipment maintenance function in a large-scale mining environment.
- Identify the elements needed to set up or improve maintenance operations in a large-scale mining environment.
- A basic understanding of mining operations and an interest in how maintenance fits into the operation.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty