Beneficiation, Extraction and Metallurgical Processes is the second of two courses on extractive metallurgy by the author, written for university students as well as practicing engineers and metallurgists. Extractive metallurgy deals with ores as raw material and metals as finished products. Metallurgy has been transformed into a modern science as a result of developments in chemistry and chemical engineering. This series of courses is an introduction to the subject based in part on a course offered by the American Chemical Society under the title Metallurgical Chemistry.
The full series includes...
- Metals, Ore Deposits and Minerals
- Beneficiation, Extraction and Metallurgical Processes
Beneficiation, Extraction and Metallurgical Processes covers liberation and separation of minerals, extractive processes including pyrometallurgy, hydrometallurgy, electrometallurgy, and the theory of metallurgical processes including oxidation and reduction, hydration and hydrolysis, and the energetics and kinetics of reactions.
- Fathi Habashi
|Version Date:||March 4, 2010|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
The course comprises 11 learning sessions, each of approximately 60 minutes duration, plus supporting figures, tables, images, references and appendices, and interactive reviews that confirm achievement of the learning objectives. The total duration of the course is estimated at 11 hours.
- Identify and discuss the principles of mineral beneficiation and the techniques available for liberation and separation of minerals.
- Identify and discuss the principles and application of pyrometallurgical, hydrometallurgical and electrometallurgical extractive processes.
- Identify and discuss the theory of metallurgical processes, including the energetics and kinetics of the reactions involved and the importance of oxidation and reduction.
- First year university level physics and chemistry.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty