Health and Safety Representatives play a pivotal role in keeping workplaces healthy and safe. By representing workers in their area of responsibility, health and safety representatives provide a means for workers to raise health and safety issues within their workplace, and follow a process with managers to resolve them.
Safety is everyone's responsibility, and building a healthier and safer work environment is a company's top priority. Following proper safety procedures begins with individuals, and ultimately affects each person in the company. We should all work together to ensure that the work environment is healthy and safe. Setting a Health and Safety (H & S) example for others in the work environment is the strongest convincer that anybody in an organization has in his armour to ensure that the dream of a safe workplace can be achieved.
The key is that we can work together to recognize potential hazards and risks, and prove our H & S commitment to achieve our goals. One should never work on a project or conduct a procedure without fully understanding how to go about it safely. Mature people are always willing to ask someone who is knowledgeable to assist. Once help has been given, ensure that their suggestions and proposed changes are implemented if necessary.
- Dr. Carl Marx
|Version Date:||October 28, 2008|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
The complete course consists of the following four parts:
- An Introduction to Safety
- The Health and Safety Representative
- Hazard Identification for the H & S Representative
- Workplace Inspections by H & S Representative
The course comprises 15 learning sessions, each of 30 - 60 minutes duration, plus supporting figures, tables, images, references, and interactive reviews that confirm achievement of the learning objectives. The total duration of the course is estimated at 12 hours of learning content.
- Explain the specified requirements to conduct health and safety representation activities at a working place.
- Add value to an organization by participating in the actions to address health and safety related issues as an H & S representative.
- Meaningfully participate in activities within health and safety organizational structures.
- Practical experience in the discipline represented.
- Familiarity with mining operations in general.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty