Air photo interpretation is a powerful technique that can be used to identify a wealth of geological, environmental and man-made features. The technique can be applied to:
- mineral exploration and mapping,
- mining and resource extraction,
- engineering, and
- logistics and planning.
Air Photo Interpretation is a set of two courses: a must for anyone who needs to identify and apply the basic principles and techniques. In these courses, you will examine many air photos and learn the techniques of air photo interpretation. Topics covered in Air Photo Interpretation 1 - Fundamentals include stereoscopic vision, scale, stereogram construction, optical distortions and the techniques of stereo viewing. Air Photo Interpretation 2 - Applications covers how to identify features on vertical air photos, and the many applications of air photo interpretation to mineral exploration, mining, engineering and environmental studies, illustrated by detailed case studies and numerous photographic examples.
- Dr. Selina Tribe
|Version Date:||February 16, 2009|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
The course comprises 18 learning sessions, each of 15 - 30 minutes duration, plus supporting figures, tables, images, references, examples and interactive reviews that confirm achievement of the learning objectives. The total duration of the course is estimated at 8 hours.
- Identify and apply the basics of aerial photography, camera optics and geometry, photo scale and how to calculate it, and photo distortions and parallax.
- Successfully perform three-dimensional viewing of air photo pairs, based on tests of your stereoscopic vision capabilities and practical vision exercises.
- High school science.
- Familiarity with maps.
- Observant disposition and eye for detail.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty