Health and Safety in Exploration 4 is one of a series of courses developed from e3 Plus: A Framework for Responsible Exploration, a guideline developed by the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) to help exploration companies continuously improve their social, environmental and health and safety performance and to comprehensively integrate these three aspects into all of their exploration programs around the world.
e3 Plus provides the means for members to reduce social and environmental risk to their projects, to benefit local communities and to enable companies to become world leaders in corporate social responsibility performance (CSR).
The intended audience for e3 Plus includes: the exploration sector, local communities, government organizations, non-governmental organizations, civil society, academia or any interested party. The complete series of e3Plus courses includes the following titles:
- Principles and Guidance for Responsible Exploration
- Social Responsibility in Exploration
- Environmental Stewardship in Exploration 1 - 2
- Health and Safety in Exploration 1 - 4
Students of these courses please note that the first course in the series, Principles and Guidance, must be studied before any of the other courses.
|Version Date:||February 22, 2013|
Health and Safety in Exploration 4 covers the following principal topics:
Part 1: Camp Setup and Management
Part 2: Health and Communications
Part 3: Drilling Sites
Part 4: Exploration Sites, Trenches and Access Routes
Part 5: Abandoned and Old Sites
This course is presented as 25 study sessions, each of approximately 60 minutes study duration, plus five interactive reviews that confirm the viewer's achievement of learning objectives.
- Discuss the principles and good practice of camp selection, camp regulations, camp safety, and housekeeping.
- Discuss the risks and hazards associated with camp health, exploration sites, equipment, and access routes
- Experience and appreciation of the principles and processes of mineral exploration.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty