Metals, Ore Deposits and Minerals is the first in a series of two courses on extractive metallurgy by the author, written for university students as well as practicing engineers and metallurgists. Extractive metallurgy deals with ores as raw material and metals as finished products. Metallurgy has been transformed into a modern science as a result of developments in chemistry and chemical engineering. This series of courses is an introduction to the subject based in part on a course offered by the American Chemical Society under the title Metallurgical Chemistry.
The full series includes...
- Metals, Ore Deposits and Minerals
- Mineral Beneficiation
Metals, Ore Deposits and Minerals covers an introduction to metallurgy, properties of metals and their structures in the context of the Periodic Table, commercial classification of metals and their uses, metal production and recycling, mineral occurrences and prospecting/mining of ores, properties of mineral and ores, and sources of minerals.
- Fathi Habashi
|Version Date:||November 12, 2009|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
The course comprises 24 learning sessions, each of 30 - 60 minutes duration, plus supporting figures, tables, images, references and appendices, and interactive reviews that confirm achievement of the learning objectives. The total duration of the course is estimated at 16 hours.
- Discuss metallurgy in the context of mineral and metal processing.
- Discuss the properties of metals based on their electronic structure and their position within the Periodic Table.
- Discuss the economic classification of metals, metal production and recycling.
- Discuss mineral occurrences, sources of minerals and prospecting and mining of ores.
- Discuss bonding, structure and other properties of minerals and ores.
- First year university level physics and chemistry.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty