Learn how to minimise ESG-related harm and maximise value to resource enterprises, affected stakeholders and broader society.
You also get access to a three month All-Access Subscription to Edumine enabling you to learn from the 110+ on-demand courses offered on a variety of topics.
Examine environment, social and governance performance and social responsibility (ESG/SR) through critical thinking and authentic resource sector experience.
Prominence will be given to evaluating ESG/SR risk, threats and opportunities, and to developing workplace responses, execution, assurance and performance reporting.
The course and case studies will be global in scope and will equip course participants with an understanding of existing and emerging ESG/SR societal and lender expectations in resource sector exploration, development, operating and closure contexts. Participants will gain enough knowledge and skills to know how to apply ESG/SR requirements in their own workplace.
|Duration||Delivery||Start Date||PD Hours||Language|
|40 hours/ 8 weeks||100% online||16 October 2023||Up to 40||English|
The eight-week course consists of six modules over six weeks, with a final two weeks to complete all course components. Each module consists of:
- Live interactive virtual classrooms
- Interactive learning activities and group discussions
- Multiple choice questions
- Additional readings and case studies
There will be two assessments to complete as part of the course. Access to the assessments will be available at the end of week 1 allowing participants to work progressively on the questions as they work their way through the course. The first assessment will be due for submission at the end of week 6; and the second assessment will be due for submission at the end of the course (end of week 8).
Live sessions are recorded and available within 24 hours for participants who are unable to attend.
Note: This course will be delivered by AusIMM through a partnership with Edumine.
To Be Communicated.
Note: All times are in Pacific Time.
Who should attend?
Asset-level front-line leaders across all mining functions
Understand ESG compliance, reporting requirements and impacts on day-to-day operations.
Consultants across all disciplines
Understand ESG compliance and reporting requirements for clients.
Corporate and investment-related professionals in the resources sector
Improve ESG analysis, performance and assurance review.
Geologist, Social Performance Professional
Director, RST Solutions for Community Engagement
Principal Environmental Consultant, Alan Irving and Associates
Dr Geraldine McGuire
Managing Director, Sustainable Solutions Global
Director, Modifying Factors
Director of WH Bryan Mining Geology Research Centre
Head of Sustainability & ESG, AusIMM
- Describe the history of sustainable development and how it has evolved into present day ESG/SR expectations
- Explain how ESG expectations translate into Environment and Social Performance requirements of resource sector enterprises
- Reference global ESG-related Principles, Standards, Goals and Guidelines as they relate to resource sector enterprises
- Describe examples of enterprise ESG governance control systems and procedures
- Define and participate in ESG-related risk, materiality and gap assessments
- Contribute to ESG-related strategy and action planning, particularly at asset level
- Describe the role of ethics in decision making and the existence of moral dilemmas
- Describe the importance of transparent ESG monitoring and reporting
Your cart is empty