Gain competency and expand your knowledge on the geotechnical, geochemical, governance, closure and socio-economic considerations of tailings management.
You also get access to a three month All-Access Subscription to Edumine enabling you to learn from the 110+ on-demand courses offered on a variety of topics.
Our partner AusIMM in conjunction with leading experts in the mining industry, has developed the Professional Certificate in Tailings Management. Featuring internationally-renowned tailings experts and case studies, the course will cover geotechnical, geochemical, governance, closure and socio-economic considerations of tailings management.
The interactive, online format of the course will provide participants with an opportunity to learn in a community-based environment from wherever they are situated.
|10 April 2024
|Up to 40
The eight-week course consists of six modules over six weeks, with a final two weeks to complete the written assessment. Each module consists of:
- Pre-recorded videos, featuring Q&As with global tailings experts
- Live interactive virtual classrooms
- Interactive learning activities and group discussions
- Multiple choice questions
- Additional readings and case studies
The final assessment is made up of 24 short answer questions that address the content presented in each module. Access to the final assignment will be available at the end of week 1 allowing participants to work progressively on the questions as they work their way through the course.
Live sessions are recorded and available within 24 hours for participants who are unable to attend.
Note: This course will be delivered by AusIMM through a partnership with Edumine.
Note: All times are in Pacific Time.
Who should attend?
Contractors and consultants.
Head office senior management and technical personnel with a responsibility for tailings.
Mining industry professionals
Tailings engineers, managers, and operators.
Professor and Director of Geotechnical Engineering Centre
The University of Queensland; Manager, Large Open Pit Project
Principal Tailings Engineer, WSP Golder
Dr Rens Verburg
Technical Fellow - Geochemistry, WSP Golder
Researcher and Consultant, Corporate Social Performance
Director, Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining (CSRM)
Sustainable Minerals Institute, University of Queensland
Principal Consultant, Resourceful Paths
Director, PA Scott Consulting
- List the key elements of tailings management
- Explain the geotechnical fundamentals of tailings management
- Explain the geochemical and water fundamentals of tailings management
- Describe tailings management surveillance and governance best practices
- Identify the tailings management requirements for closure
- Discuss the socio-economic and ecological considerations of managing tailings
Your cart is empty