Underground Mine Backfill 2 - Slurry, Paste, and Rock Fills is the second in a set of two Underground Mine Backfill courses. This course reviews each backfill type and its preparation, distribution, stope preparation and placement practices as well as relevant safety and quality control issues. Underground Mine Backfill 1 - Introduction provides an introduction to mine backfill properties, types, uses, mining methods and system layout. A review quiz can be found at the end of each section to evaluate your understanding of the material presented.
The objective of the courses is to provide an overview of common underground mine backfill practices and technologies for mine technical personnel. The goals are to:
- Provide a standard from which operators can understand the basic principles and practices for using underground mine backfill.
- Provide an understanding of how critical the role of backfill and backfill personnel are for mining.
- Provide a common foundation for backfill training.
- Provide a uniform backfill terminology.
- Provide an understanding of the various stages of backfill systems.
- Provide an understanding of potential hazards to personnel and equipment safety in order to prevent backfill-related accidents.
As many companies have site- and company-specific standards for their unique situations, training for specific operational duties is beyond the scope of this course and is left to mine site-training procedures. This course is not intended to replace existing mine training practices, but to complement them as a common reference.
- James Archibald
- David O. DeGagne
- Ferri Hassani
- Jacques Nantel
|Version Date:||July 21, 2003|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
Underground Mine Backfill 2 consists of 17 viewing sessions of 30 - 60 minutes each with supporting figures, tables and examples, plus interactive course reviews. Course duration is equivalent to approximately 16 hours of viewing content.
- Discuss the basic principles and practices for using underground mine backfill.
- Discuss the critical roles of backfill and backfill personnel in underground mining.
- Discuss the various stages of backfill systems.
- Discuss the potential hazards to personnel, equipment safety, and prevention of backfill-related accidents.
- Apply the knowledge gained to their unique mine-site requirements and training procedures.
- Experience of underground mining operations and mine backfill operations (recommended).
- A degree or diploma in mining engineering or equivalent.
- Completion of the course Underground Mine Backfill 1 - Introduction (recommended).
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty