This course is the first in a comprehensive series of five mine ventilation courses by the author, written for practicing professionals. The complete series includes the following titles ...
- Mine Ventilation 1 - Introduction
- Mine Ventilation 2 - Hazard Awareness
- Mine Ventilation 3 - Design Basics
- Mine Ventilation 4 - Advanced Design
- Mine Ventilation 5 - Operations
The basic focus for this course series is on airflow engineering. This is because getting the right amount of fresh air to the workplace is the single most important success factor in meeting the quality and quantity requirements of an efficient, safe and healthy underground mining operation.
This course is also designed to ensure the ventilation practitioner has an adequate understanding of at least the basic issues involved in mine ventilation, and therefore knows when a ventilation problem is of such magnitude as to need to call in a specialist, and has sufficient background to be able to liaise technically with that specialist.
Mine Ventilation 1 - Introduction provides the background and introduces the fundamentals of mine ventilation, to set the stage for the remaining courses in the series. It also provides a comprehensive reference source. Major topics covered include...
- Definitions and Development
- Responsibility and Design
- Basic Math and Science
- Gas Fundamentals
- Rick Brake
|Version Date:||May 7, 2009|
The course comprises 15 learning sessions, each of 30 - 60 minutes duration, plus supporting figures, tables, images and references, appendices and interactive reviews that confirm achievement of the learning objectives. The total duration of the course is estimated at 14 hours.
- Understand and discuss the background and basic issues of mine ventilation.
- Appreciate the responsibilities of the ventilation practitioner and apply these to ventilation design and practice.
- Understand and apply the basic mathematics, science and physics fundamentals upon which mine ventilation theory and practice are built.
- A degree or diploma in mining engineering or related discipline.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty