A comprehensive treatment of all aspects of underground mining, from exploration, feasibility, design and development, to production, ventilation, backfill and drainage. This course provides a detailed, practical reference for engineers, mine operators, technicians and students.
Underground Mining Practice is based on the author's 50 years of experience as a mining engineer in operations, consulting, teaching and research, specializing in mining and geotechnical engineering, mine planning, audits and training, and development, review and monitoring of mining R&D programs.
Underground mining topics covered by the course include:
- the role of mine planning;
- information and reporting systems;
- orebody exploration;
- mine development and preparation;
- ground control and backfill;
- explosives and fragmentation;
- production, rock breaking and delivery;
- primary and auxiliary ventilation;
- usage, reticulation and storage of fill;
- pumping and drainage;
- geotechnical investigation;
- mine layout design.
- Ken Mathews, M.E. Mining
|Version Date:||January 29, 2011|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
This course consists of 41 viewing sessions of 30-60 minutes each presented at both summary and detailed text levels, plus supporting figures, images, reference tables, and interactive course reviews. Course duration is equivalent to approximately 40 hours of viewing content.
- Discuss the roles of exploration, feasibility studies, mine planning, information systems, development, ground control, explosives, fragmentation, production and delivery systems, ventilation, backfill, drainage, geotechnical investigation, and mine layout design in the development and operation of an underground mine.
- Apply the knowledge gained to the feasibility, planning and production stages of a mining operation.
- A partial degree or diploma in mining engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience of underground mining operations.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty