This course is for anyone who needs to interface with the mining industry: suppliers of equipment and services, government and regulators, administrative and support staff. In short, anyone who needs answers to questions like the following.
- Do you know who Robert Friedland is? Or Ivan Glasenberg?
- Do you know what Escondida is? Or where it is? Or Oyu Tolgoi? Or Grasberg?
- What is NI43-101? … The Equator Principles? … Copiapo? … Bre-X? … PDAC?
- What percentage of GDP in Australia is accounted for by mining and mineral processing?
If you complete this course, you will.
You won't learn everything about the technical aspects of mining, but you will learn what is current, topical and important in today's mining scene. In short, you will get a comprehensive overview of the mining industry.
And you will get links to sources of information where you can find everything else. We hope that you will find the course so useful that it becomes your gateway for information on any mining topic.
Course content has been updated to June 2020 mining industry news, events and, where available, information.
- Julian Houlding (Co-Author)
- Simon W. Houlding MSc P.Eng (Co-Author)
|Version Date:||June 1, 2020|
Need to train a team?
Whether you're looking for a customized training program or developing a team, we have enterprise solutions to fit your needs.
360° Introduction to the Mining Industry consists of 20 learning sessions of 30–60 minutes each with supporting figures and interactive course reviews. Course duration is equivalent to approximately 10 hours of viewing content.
- Discuss current, topical and important aspects of mining with confidence.
- Appreciate the key players and the relationships in mining between commodities, mines, companies, people, finance, suppliers, education, regulations, risks and more.
- High school science.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Edumine Certification
Your cart is empty